"The truth is, Mitch," he said, "once you learn how to die, you learn how to live."

November 17, 2006

another week, another day, another night

It's a sleepless night. And this time it's not because of the mouse (Thank the Lord!). It's a restless spirit.
I was laying in bed, my eyes wide open, tossing around. I thought I was wide awake but by the time my computer loaded up and I got logged on to blogger my eyes have glazed over and I am fighting to keep them open and focused.
I guess I could try to go back to bed, but by the time my head hits the pillow my mind will be wide awake again. Why is that?

So instead, you'll get to read about my lastest week. I finally caught the mouse after almost a full week of having the traps up. My refrigerator broke down and I'm now using a dorm-sized one until my landlord can replace the old one. I kicked butt at my last self-defense class and have been awfully sore since. In two of the three scenarios I was placed in, in which I had to fight myself free, there were two guys each that attacked me. That equals five tussels, twelve knee kicks, 7 sweep kicks, 5 elbows to the head (his head), 3 punches, 2 head butts, 1 seize and grab (guys, you don't want to know) and many more. In each scenario, I was in a room with them and a video camera. (Afterwards, we were able to watch ourselves and each other.) By the end, though we were wearing extra padding, my elbow was bleeding and a large bruise appeared on my forearm. By the morning, I could barely move my neck and my body ached from there on down. Yet, a confidence reigned. I am woman, hear me roar.

What else is my mind racing about.
There is an Andrew Peterson and Jill Phillips concert this weekend. That should be nice.
After much debating, I'm thinking about going to see Steph in TN for Thanksgiving. I am aware that this is the very last Thanksgiving break I will ever have in my entire life. How could I spend it in Berrien Springs?
Besides, I just finished two big papers today. I owe it to myself.

I found an old paper I wrote back in the fall of 2003. I had to write down where I hoped to be in five years. You know what I wrote? "In five years from now I would like to be living in Europe, married, a Hospice social worker, and thinking about having children." Hmmm...three years later, I'm in Berrien Springs, single, a student, and swearing off children. I wonder where two years will find me. Plans have a wonderful way of changing.

Well, in 4 hours I will have to be ready for another day. I suppose I should succumb to the night. Goodnight dear ones. My spirit is with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it crazy how our goals change? Or maybe our goals don't change but our reality does. I'm glad you get to go to TN for Thanksgiving. Are you coming home for Christmas? I'm so glad for you about that self defense class! I'm so jealous. I miss you. All is well here. Love you!

Tennille said...

Yeah, I think it is that our goals change as our reality does. Although, you create your own reality by the goals you hold for yourself. I don't know. :) lol. Now I'm not sure anymore about Thanksgiving, my delayed impulsiveness has left me without a ride. :( But yes, I AM going to be home for Christmas. We will have to get together! I miss you and love you! Glad things are going well. I miss my girls!!!! and I really mean that!!