"Oh, how can I give you up, Israel? How can I let you go? ...My heart is torn within me and my compassion overflows." Hosea 11:8 NLT
"Can love be terrible as well as gentle? Is love really like a consuming fire which cannot be approached without fear and trembling?" she asked.
"Yes," he said, " Love is a consuming fire. It is a burning, unquenchable passion for the blessedness and happiness, and, above all, for the perfection of the beloved object. [...] Therefore it is perfectly true that love, which is the most beautiful and the most gentle passion in the universe, can and must be at the same time the most terrible--terrible in what it is willing to indure itself in order to secure the blessing and happiness and perfection of the beloved, and also, apparently terrible in what it will allow the beloved to endure if suffering is the only means by which perfection or restoration to health of the beloved can be secured."
"He loves thee far too well,
To leave thee in thy self-made Hell,
A Saviour is thy Lord."
-Mountains of Spices
Know that you are loved, in the most beautiful, gentle and terrible way.
Psalm 18:4-19 (A friend's version)
4.The rope of death was tied tightly around my throat, and the waves of failure and destruction were washing over me.I was in a dark valley that I could not get myself out of.
5.Death was pulling me deeper and deeper into the grave.My demons grabbed me by my wrists and bound me. I could not escape.It was so dark that I couldn't see the sky. I was going to die.I held my head low in defeat because I knew I had sinned and deserved this.Satan stood victoriously in front of me laughing with his arms folded acrossed his chest.
6.But in my distress...In my weakest point I called to the Lord. I raised my tear filled eyes to the Heavens and whispered..."My GOD, I need you now".My prayer SHOT to his ears like lightning. From his Temple he heard my voice. He heard my whispered prayer.
7.Suddenly the earth shook.The foundations of the mountains trembled because MY GOD was furious!
8.Steam rose from his head and shoulders and a consuming fire shot out from his mouth.I was the one thing was on his mind
9.He shot through the heavens like a blazing meteor, leaving a trail of smoke behind him. The skies parted in his wake.
13.Just the sound of his voice shook the ground and cracked it.
14.Satan tried to keep his grip on me as he starred up to the sky in defiance but just the bright light that came from my GOD shot him back in pain.Satan still fought to keep his hold on me as he hurled his daggers at me over and over again. But none of them hit me. My GOD was standing in front of me, Shielding me. Daggers, stones, and chains were coming from every direction, but none of them hit me. Then the Lord slammed his foot down and with yelled ENOUGH!!! Beams of light shot out and scattered my enemies.
15-19. Then He picked me up and cradled me as he took me to a place far from my demons.He didn't scold me or yell at me for the things I had done or for the places I had put myself in. He wiped the tears from my face and comforted me.He held me close and whispered "I'm Here....I'm Here"
Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment