"The truth is, Mitch," he said, "once you learn how to die, you learn how to live."

February 15, 2007

A Visitation

I saw the Virgin Mary at the bottom of my cup of cappuccino today. I tipped the mug up to take another swallow of my dwindling English Toffee flavored drink and saw some clumps of powder that had gathered at the bottom. At first, when I wasn’t focused in on it, I thought it was a reflection of someone standing behind me, then I looked and saw it was the wet clumps of powder in the form of Mary herself.  If I was Catholic I’d take a picture, post it on the internet, probably dump the rest of my drink out and keep it forever. Maybe publicize and charge people to come over to my house to see it. People would fill up my house with flowers and prayers, crying and praying to this clump of wet powder at the bottom of my cup.

Instead, I swished around my drink so I could get more of that wasted flavor. But it didn’t go away, so I tipped my cup up again and looked at it some more. Now it looks like a crowd. A small little multitude with the Mary figure taller and more prominent in the front. What does the crowd mean? I wondered to myself. Maybe I’m talking to the masses. Maybe I’m giving a speech on world peace. Maybe it’s the remnant people gathered at the 2nd coming. Maybe my brain is fried from staring at the computer screen transcribing almost non-stop for the past 5 ½ hours. My caffeinated, sleep-deprived brain at that. :)

Well, I chuckled anyway. So I’m taking a break from transcribing to share. You might wonder if I should have anything more interesting to share and I probably do if I had time to sit and think about it. Maybe in 3 months when classes are done. Hey, that’s an exciting thought!
(Should have re-thought that swish---> Virgin Mary Images on eBay)

3 comments:

Pastor David said...

hmmm...

:)

Mama Kleven said...

Are you surviving? Just think-there's only 2 1/2 months of school left! Can you believe it?! Maybe closer to 3, but we're closing in on the finish line. Good for us. :) Love you!

Tennille said...

Well...it depends on your definition of surviving. :) If I can make it to Spring Break I'll be happy. :) we're almost there...!