"The truth is, Mitch," he said, "once you learn how to die, you learn how to live."

November 20, 2007

Mombasa Fun

Two weekends ago I traveled to the coast of Kenya and had some fun on the beach and in Kenya's second largest city. Here are some pictures!

These two pictures are from the historical site of Fort Jesus.

Also well-known in Kenya are these tusks that commemorate Queen Elizabeth's visit to this city.

Camel rides on the beach!
I also got to go snorkling along the reef!

In a nature trail park, they had hippos, giraffe, tortoises and these crocodiles which we were able to watch being fed.
A little off subject-- this is me presenting the money to the local church for their building projects, donated by Harvey SDA church in ND. This is also the pastor that is marrying David and I in 6 days!!!
AAHH!!

So, you may not be hearing from me for a few weeks. But I will be sure to post some pictures of the wedding when we get home. David and I will fly home on the 5th of December.
Today was my last day of internship and it feels great!
Many Blessings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a good time on the coast! A camel ride on the beach is quite unique. We wish you the wedding of your dreams.
Love you!

Mama Kleven said...

Tennille and David,
I know you probably won't be able to read this until after the fact, but I just wanted to congratulate you on your marriage and life together. I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to meet you (David) and congratulate you in person. !!!!! You're married!!!! I'm praying prayers of blessings for you today.
Love,
Meghan

Amanda said...

Great pics, Tennille! I hope you are having a wonderful honeymoon. See you soon!

Mama Kleven said...

When will you be back? Are you in the United States yet, Mrs. Shin?