A neighboring town, Grand Ledge, had a "Color Cruise Island Festival" this weekend. It sounded fun, so I promptly talked David into going with me for our weekly Sunday "Couple Time."
The event was on a very skinny but long island in the middle of the river where there were a number of exhibits including basket weaving, rope making, kettle corn popping, fur trading, wool spinning, pumpkin painting and more. Some exhibits and exhibitors showed us glimpses of how life was back in the "old days." There was also a stage for musical shows and a cruise down the river displaying the colorful fall trees, complete with an eccentric pianist.
An old Fire Truck
Blacksmith Exhibit
Living the American Dream
Grand Ledge receives its name from the tall rock ledges that line the river. David and I went trail hiking down this river path.
Of course, the festival couldn't be complete without Country Gospel Clogging!
2 comments:
What fun! Your photos of the changing trees and gorgeous.
Looks like so much fun! You look fantastic and the photos of the trees and river a beautiful!
I'll call this weekend- I have swing shift clinicals tonight and tomorrow - so I'll call Friday 'k?
Post a Comment