"The truth is, Mitch," he said, "once you learn how to die, you learn how to live."

November 30, 2009

I Love My Family

Last Sunday, David and I traveled the long, but worthwhile, 16.5 hour drive to Bowdon, North Dakota, my hometown.  I love the holidays and the fun, family time it brings.  Here are some glimpses into our good time:

We received a surprise visit from the the Red Hat Society Sisters!


Baby Kendal is growing so fast!


Five dogs and a gecko were included in our festivities.  


Kendal, Grandpa, & Camryn


Our annual football game


Annual wrestling match


We trained George to be a wagon-dog.  He did such a good job and the girls had so much fun being pulled around the farm yard.


We've recently started a tradition during family gatherings in which the women get together for a craft.  This year we made coasters.


My finished product


Thanksgiving day brought snow!

Gift exchange time!

What a wonderful gift I've been given of such a warm, fun-loving family.  Four generations were represented at our Thanksgiving.  Three of the four children of my paternal grandparents and their families were all able to come together.  

Before David and I got married, David's grandmother asked of what ethnicity I was.  After being told I was of German descent, she responded "That's good.  Germans raise such good families."

I couldn't agree more. I am blessed.

2 comments:

Carissa said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time, Tennille. :) Those coasters are awesome!

Mom said...

We are blessed to have you and David in our family! Love you!