Though not officially engaged, we had been dreaming about our future wedding for the past several months. It was probably going to be in May of next year, in the backyard at home. But the reality was I really didn't want to have to plan a wedding. And even though I dreamed of getting married in my backyard, when the sweet-smelling lilac bushes were in bloom, the size of that little stretch of lawn was already giving us complications as we had preliminary talks of a guest list. In fact, it was downright stressful. And we weren't even engaged yet! I wasn't even close to real planning.
So when David mentioned flying out to Kenya to spend my last week there with me, it was simply a no-brainer. Let's get married! (Makes sense . . . right?) =)
Well anyway, we were talking on the phone about whether or not we should get married when he came out to visit me in two short weeks. We had talked about this in length over the past month but we kept going back and forth, weighing the pros and cons. Finally, it came down to it. We had to make a decision. Either we had to say "Yes, let's do it" and move forward with planning, or we had to say "Forget it" and move on with no more second thoughts. Well, we both said, "Let's do it!"
We quickly hung up so I could start planning my wedding that was now suddenly happening in two weeks. A minute or so later my phone rings. It was David.
"So, will you marry me?"
We both laughed.
"Yes!"
It's hard to believe that we've now been married four years.
Happy Anniversary! I love you David Shin. Thanks for being the most amazing husband I could ever dream of having.
![]() |
| Our Wedding Hug =) (to be more culturally appropriate, they said) |

1 comment:
How quickly time flies! Loved reading your wonderful engagement/wedding story! I still have your announcement/invitation on my fridge! In fact someone asked me about it a few weeks ago when they saw it clinging to the freezer door ;). Happy anniversary! Love you lots!
Post a Comment