"The truth is, Mitch," he said, "once you learn how to die, you learn how to live."

February 4, 2015

Bureaucracy Fatigue

There are days I come home tired and worn after pouring all that I have and know into the service for my patients.

Today was one of those days.

So many needs presented with resources either exhausted or held captive behind a long list of difficult to obtain requirements, lengthy applications, and complicated verbiage.

If only my word - These people are worthy. They need you. They are dying. They might lose all they hold dear. Trust me on this! - was enough.

All I can hope for is that something I said or something I did really does make a difference.

Because if that application is denied I might just go crazy, along with the family I'm so desperately trying to help.

In the meantime:


No comments: