I took a trip to Chicago a week before yesterday. We went to the zoo and the Cheesecake Factory where I ordered "The Navajo"--chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. between frybread--and promptly found out I was the only one who had heard of frybread before. I was astounded. I hadn't realized that frybread was mostly contained to the Native American culture. Learning is much more fun when it takes place in my daily social life then in a classroom. Although, right now I'm in Advanced Clinical Assessment and we're discussing schizophrenia vs. devil possession and it's intriguing as well. (I also learned not to ever take a group larger than one car load to Chicago if you want to stay cheerful.)
Zach came to visit me this week! Union College was on Fall break so he caught a ride up here and arrived early Thursday morning. Friday he caught a ride up to Great Lakes Academy to see Dario for the remaining part of his trip. What a blessing family is. His visit was the highlight of my week. Unfortunately the weather wasn't very cooperative but we made the best of it. We were able to pick two bags worth of concord grapes for free with my North Dakota connections and I gave some to friends. My first time eating concord grapes! Yum.
I was accepted to intern at IPI in Meru, Kenya! I am incredibly excited about this but trying not to be as there are still some hoops IPI has to jump through before we can make the assumption that it will meet my MSW (Masters in Social Work) needs. That aside, this organization appears to be exactly what I want and all I could hope for in an internship and future occupation. I am leaving it all in God's hands however and I know that if His desires for me are the same as mine, He will provide the way.
This week has come and gone with its handful of joys as well as stresses. But another sleep-deprived, migraine-ridden day over, another large paper handed in, another two-hour, early morning prayer session for revival, another hot shower, and another day being reminded that if God is first everything else will fall into place, and life is back to being beautiful.
On a humorous note: I just finished a journal entry for Death & Grief class and since there wasn't a reading assignment this week with which to draw my thoughts from, I decided to google the word ‘death’ to see what came up. Interestingly enough, the first site listed was titled "The Death Clock—When am I going to die?" My curiosity was peaked. I clicked the link and it took me to this very intriguing site where, after a series of questions, I learned that “my personal day of death is—Monday, June 5, 2062.” Leaving me with 1,755, 572, 287 seconds left of life and counting. I could also look up famous celebrities’ death clocks and discovered I will live one year and four months longer than Britney Spears. Interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment