"The truth is, Mitch," he said, "once you learn how to die, you learn how to live."

August 12, 2007

Pictures from Kenya

This is where I am staying in Meru. I am on the top floor. My bedroom is in the top left window. My supervisors, Karambu and Kathy, live below me.   There is also a small living and dining area upstairs. (It almost has the feel of a doll house due to the low ceilings and small area.)Inside the gate are these stairs that I climb to the bathroom, kitchen, living area and my room.

These are pictures of the room I am living in. They go in a complete counter-clockwise circle.


I love my room. It is amazing how one's past experience can make a present experience either fantastic or horrible. And my experience in Mali seems to make this one, to my delight, quite wonderful.

I have a sit-down toilet. I have running water. I have a warm shower.

The shower is funny. I actually have to choose between hot water and bad pressure or cold water and great pressure. I have to push a button before I get in the shower to have automatic hot water. I guess it heats the water up as it goes through the pipe...so the longer the water takes to go through the pipe, the hotter it is? That's what I've come up with. Controlling the water pressure is the only way to control the temperature.
Oohh, I just posted a video of my room on Vimeo. You can go to it by clicking here.
Can someone tell me how to post a video on here?
Until next time...


5 comments:

Carissa said...

Wow--great living conditions! Awesome. I look forward to more pictures of your town.

To post a video on blogger using vimeo: under your video in vimeo you'll see some options. One of the options says "embed." Click on that and it will give you some html code specific for a couple different blogging sites. Copy and paste the one for blogger into your post and that should be all.

Anonymous said...

As I was reading your post I said, "She has a bathroom!" "She has a kitchen!" Then I saw your pictures and...how nice. Good luck as you begin your internship tomorrow!! We love you.

Pastor David said...

Nice room hon.... ;)
love you!

Anonymous said...

HI Tenille, Congratulations! May God bless you in Kenya. It's so neat that you and David are together. How awesome!

Tennille said...

Thanks Carissa! :)