"The truth is, Mitch," he said, "once you learn how to die, you learn how to live."

August 6, 2007

Waiting to Fly

Well, I'm off to Meru, Kenya for my 4 month social work internship with IPI. It still seems surreal that I am about to embark on this journey. I have no idea what to expect, have no clue who the person is picking me up or where I will be staying my first night in this Eastern African country. But it should be an adventure!

May God use me for His glory, this is my prayer.

Update: Well I made it to Amsterdam and am happy to see I have internet access. I also thought I'd post some pictures from graduation this weekend. My family was able to come up/over/down to share in the celebrations. I'm very happy to be finished with all the class work.




6 comments:

Pastor David said...

praying for you!!

miss you dearly!!

ds

Carissa said...

Oh, Tennille. You are amazing. Off to Africa again. I miss you and am praying for you daily. I'm confident in God's plans for you!

Love you!

Wishydig said...

Excellent Tennille.

Be well.

Anonymous said...

WOW..!!!Congratulations Tennille!!!
Good luck in Africa. XO Martina

Anonymous said...

Sounds like everything is going well so far. Good. Hope your luggage gets there when you do!! Good luck getting settled in and oriented to your new surroundings!
We love you.

Anonymous said...

Oh Tennille I'm so excited for you as you embark on this journey, excited and a tad envious! I hope you have a wonderful time growing and learning and enriching the lives of those you meet!
Your stories about work at the shelter, made me want to cry, what a wonderful work you were able to do! I know from experience those women will thank you in their hearts forever!!!
How I wish you could be at my wedding on Friday, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
I pray by now you are about to land in Kenya and God has sent just the right person to meet you and pick you up!
All my love and prayers!
Amy f.